About Pediatric Gastroenterology
Like adult gastroenterology, pediatric gastroenterology involves disorders of the stomach, liver, pancreas, intestines and related organs. However, pediatric gastroenterology involves a uniquely different disease spectrum than that which is most common in adult gastroenterology.
Board certified in pediatric gastroenterology by the American Board of Pediatrics, Mary Pat Francisco, MD received her doctorate of medicine from East Tennessee State University.
Dr. Francisco has treated conditions ranging from chronic diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, gastroesophageal reflux, cystic fibrosis, inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers, nutritional problems, obesity, malabsorption and more.
With more than three decades of experience caring for pediatric gastroenterology, Dr. Francisco is passionate about helping children and families.
Rhonda Ragsdale, FNP, received both her Master’s Degree and undergraduate degree from East Tennessee State University.
Rhonda Ragsdale has been with HMG Pediatric Gastroenterology since 2009.
At HMG, our pediatric gastroenterology team (located within HMG Pediatrics) treats common pediatric disorders such as chronic diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, gastroesophageal reflux and abdominal pain. We also treat less common disorders such as cystic fibrosis, inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers and liver disease. Nutritional problems such as malabsorption are also treated.
Your Initial Appointment
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Due to scheduling commitments, we may be unable to see patients arriving late.
- Please call our office at (423) 230-2430 to verify insurance coverage.
- Please arrange for your primary provider to send your child’s medical records to our office prior to your visit, or bring them with you. This includes office notes, hospital stays, growth records and results of any labs or x-rays.
- If time allows, we will mail new patient forms to you prior to your visit. Please bring the completed forms with you.
It is our desire to provide your child with the most attentive and skilled level of pediatric care available. To help further this mission, we request several courtesies of you:
- Please provide at least 24-hours advance notification of an appointment cancellation. (A longer notice is greatly appreciated.)
- It is best to provide us with 48 hours of advance notice for any medication refills or medical forms, etc.