For patients with breathing disorders, every breath can be challenging. At HMG Pulmonology, we understand the challenges you face every day. We believe in creating a partnership with our patients, working together as a team to help you breathe easy and enjoy an improved quality of life.
At HMG Pulmonology, you’ll enjoy the personalized, attentive care of Leon Bass, MD, who uses the latest advances in the diagnosis, treatment and management of a variety of breathing problems, sleep problems and other lung and pulmonary conditions.
Dr. Bass is highly qualified and holds three board certifications: Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care and Sleep Disorders Medicine.
Dr. Bass believes the key to a successful physician-patient relationship is taking the time to listen and being available to patients as their needs arise. He also understands that many times, the relationship with the patient’s care givers are also critically important. After all, caregivers are often the ones helping on a day to day basis to ensure the care plan is followed.
Conditions We Treat
- Consultation and follow up
- Bronchoscopy with biopsy
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Thoracostomy tube insertion
- Pulmonary function test (PFT) interpretation
Critical Care Medicine
- Consultation and follow up
- Arterial line insertion
- Central venous catheter insertion
- Dialysis catheter insertion
- Pulmonary arterial catheter insertion
- Endotracheal intubation
- Lumbar puncture
- Consultation and follow up of adults and pediactric (as young as 4 years old) patients
- Evaluation for sleep disordered breathing, insomnia, circadian rhythm sleep disorders, hypersomnias and parasomnias
- Interpretation of diagnostic polysomnogram (sleep study)
- Interpretation of CPAP/BiPAP/ASV titration polysomnogram (titration study)
Compassionate Care, Secure Online Convenience
HMG is pleased to provide you with compassionate care that offers you the latest in technological advances. myHMG is a secure patient portal offered to you, a very special member of our HMG “Family of Care.” With myHMG, you have convenient access to the personal health information you want and need, when you want and need it.Anytime. Anywhere. And at your convenience. myHMG brings your physician’s office to you! For more information, visit myHMG.
About Your First Visit
Please make sure you are aware of any medications you are currently taking. We will need a list of these medications at the time of your first visit. Also, prior to your first visit, you will receive a pre-visit functionality questionnaire. It is most helpful if you complete this document and bring it with you.
Unable to keep your appointment?
If you find that you are going to be unable to keep your appointment, out of courtesy to other patients who desire appointments, please provide us with advance notice as early as possible. We request at least a 24-hour advance notification.