Better Health for a Better Workplace
When you choose to partner with HMG Occupational Medicine, you’re gaining an entire team of certified and highly-experienced occupational medicine professionals committed to excellence.
Established in 1994 by occupational medicine physician Sam Breeding, MD, FACOEM, today, the practice serves more than 500 regional employers, acting as an advocate for both the employer and the employee.
Board-certified in occupational medicine by the American Board of Preventive Medicine, Samuel Breeding, MD, FACOEM has over 4 decades of experience and has been with HMG for over 25 years. Having established HMG Occupational Medicine in 1994, Dr. Breeding is one of the region’s most respected occupational medicine physicians.
Following his residency in family medicine at East Tennessee State University Quillen School of Medicine, Dr. Breeding served in the Air Force and became the chief of aeromedical services at Altus Air Force Base, Oklahoma (1981-1984). Dr. Breeding was also President of the Tennessee College of Occupational Medicine (1998-1999).
Angie Millican, FNP has been with HMG since 2018. She received her bachelor of science in nursing from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and her master of science in nursing from East Tennessee State University.
Millican is a member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and the Northeast Tennessee Nurse Practitioners Association.
- A positive, proactive environment targeted at reducing work-related injuries and illness.
- Education and training to encourage injury prevention.
- Increased productivity through reduced absenteeism.
Why Choose HMG Occupational Medicine
- Certified medical review officer with over 30 years of experience
- Competitive pricing
- Extended workers comp hours: M-F 8am-8pm, Saturdays 8am-6pm & Sunday 8am-4pm
- On-site physical therapy and digital x-ray
- Pre-placement health assessment
- DOT physicals with DOT-certified drug screen collection
- FAA physicals by an FAA-certified physician in the first, second, and third classes
- CAOHC-certified audiometric screenings
- OSHA-certified pulmonary function testing
- Certified in respiratory fit testing
- Workers comp
- Occupational illness or injury
- Impairment ratings
- EKG screening
- Alcohol & drug abuse screening
At the forefront of medical innovation and emerging technology, Holston Medical Group is the provider of two state-of-the-art outpatient diagnostic centers – the Outpatient Diagnostic Center at Sapling Grove, Bristol, and the Outpatient Diagnostic Center at MeadowView Lane, Kingsport. Learn more about diagnostic imaging.
Our own HMG Rehabilitation Services is known for its strength in industrial physical therapy and the provision of job-site analysis, job coaching, and functional capacity evaluations (FCEs).
As an outpatient rehabilitation provider, HMG Rehabilitation has a primary treatment focus on work-related, orthopedic, neurological, and sports injuries. Providing physical therapy services within the framework of a highly-trained, certified and licensed team, HMG Rehabilitation strives to foster a return to maximum functional ability at home, work, school or play. Learn more about HMG Rehabilitation.