Douglas New, MD, FAAD, is originally from eastern Kentucky near the Virginia border. He graduated first in his medical school class at the University of Louisville School of Medicine. After completing dermatology residency at the University of Louisville, he returned to the region to serve residents of his community.
Board certified by the American Board of Dermatology, Dr. New has special interest in the treatment of acne, psoriasis, rosacea and skin cancers. He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, Dermatology Foundation, National Psoriasis Foundation and Medical Society of Virginia.
A dermatologist has the unique skill to visually examine the skin in order to diagnose and treat skin disease. With extensive medical training, a dermatologist evaluates and manages a variety of skin conditions. Some of the common conditions include skin cancers, acne, warts, seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis.
Services & Procedures
HMG Dermatology offers a comprehensive approach to the treatment of a variety of dermatologic conditions. Our advanced diagnostic and therapeutic services will provide you with personalized care and treatment plans that best suit your needs.
- Actinic Keratoses
- Aging / Sun Damaged Skin
- Alopecia Areata
- Atopic Dermatitis / Eczema
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Dry Skin
- General Skin Care
- Hair Loss
- Keratosis Pilaris
- Lentigo (Age Spots)
- Lichen Planus
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Pityriasis Rosea
- Poison Ivy
- Ringworm (Dermatophytosis)
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Skin Cancers
- Skin Tags
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Tinea Pedis (Athlete’s Foot)
- Tinea Versicolor
Treatments & Procedures
- Skin Biopsies
- Shave Removal
- Skin Tag Removal
- Skin Cancer Treatment
- Liquid Nitrogen Treatment
Compassionate Care, Secure Online Convenience
HMG provides you with compassionate care that offers you the latest in technological advances. myHMG is a secure patient portal offered to you, a very special member of our HMG “Family of Care.” With myHMG, you have convenient access to the personal health information you want and need, when you want and need it.
Anytime. Anywhere. And at your convenience. myHMG brings your physician’s office to you! For more information, visit myHMG.
About Your First Visit
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment at the check-in desk and prepare to fill out the patient information form (required for new patients and patients not seen within a year).
- Bring your photo ID and insurance card.
- You will be asked to sign the HIPAA and financial statement (at first visit only).
- Please bring a list of medications, surgeries and health history to each visit so we may incorporate the information into your personal health record.
- If your insurance plan requires a co-pay, that will be due at time of visit. We accept cash, check, Visa or MC.
- Services not covered under insurance require full payment at time of service.
Unable to keep your appointment?
If you find that you are going to be unable to keep your appointment, out of courtesy to other patients who desire appointments, please provide us with advance notice as early as possible. We request at least a 24-hour advance notification.