Holston Medical Group (HMG) has been recognized in the Becker’s Hospital Review 2018 “Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare.” The list highlights the top hospitals, health systems and healthcare companies that promote diversity within the workforce, employee engagement and professional growth. This honor represents the latest in a long list of achievements made by HMG.
“We’re honored to be included in this list of top healthcare places to work. HMG excels in providing deeply personalized care for our patients, many of whom face significant healthcare challenges,” said Richard Gendron, MD, Vice President of Holston Medical Group. “Our success is due to the dedication of our team—and we are committed to honoring our team members’ efforts to improve the health of our communities.”
HMG is featured on the Top 150 list based on previous awards and industry acknowledgements, including:
- HMG’s national recognition and regional awards for its advanced use of electronic medical record technology, including TechStarTechMed awards from East Tennessee Medical News
- National awards for innovations in healthcare technology, including a Microsoft Healthcare Users Group Award.
- HMG received the 2015 Healthier Tennessee Workplace Award, demonstrating HMG’s commitment to improving employees’ health and wellness.
“Our success is due to the dedication of our team—and we are committed to honoring our team members’ efforts to improve the health of our communities.”—Dr. Richard Gendron
HMG’s employees receive standard benefits such as 401k match program, competitive rates for medical benefits, paid time off, paid holidays and disability benefit.
Additional special programs include:
- A “Fit 4 Living” wellness program that allows employees to earn incentives for their commitment to health and wellness. Employees who participate in this program qualify for reduced rates for health insurance.
- “Extra Mile Awards” for employees who go above and beyond in providing excellent care and service. Award winners receive gift cards and are honored via social media.
- Physical fitness incentives, supported by group participation in events such as “Walk Across Tennessee.”
- Group outings for employees and their families as well as the patients, such as Employee and Customer Appreciation Night with the local baseball team, the Kingsport Mets.