If allergies are creating some or all of your sinusitis, your treatment starts there. Your triggers and lifestyle help shape the best allergy treatment. Avoidance is the first defense, but you can’t live in a plastic bubble.
Fortunately, we can develop a treatment plan that can help you enjoy life again. Managing your allergies is possible with one or a combination of potential treatments.
- Frequent vacuuming, HEPA filtration systems and removing pets from bedrooms can help pet allergies.
- Avoiding wind can help pollen allergies.
- Combination of over-the-counter and prescription nasal sprays, antihistamines, antibiotics and steroids can relieve allergy symptoms. If your allergies are severe, talk to a doctor about what works best for you.
- Allergy shots boost your immunity to specific allergens over time. These injections may be a good choice when medications fail to control your symptoms or cause side effects.
- Sinusitis can make some allergies worse. Balloon sinus procedure may give you relief and make your allergies more manageable.